Sunday, March 9, 2008

A Riddle.

Q: What do you get when you cross a small dog with 10 inches of snow?

A: You get to be the only idiot on the street shoveling their yard.

Alice has been living the high life at my parents house for the last few days, but alas, she's being kicked out of her plush digs in the suburbs, and is headed home for the bleakness of city living.

It will be nice to have the family reunited. I tried to get Kevin to sit on my leg and lick my foot, but it just wasn't the same.

March is a busy month for our family. My parents anniversary, and both of their birthdays fall in a two week span. We missed my parent's day on the 6th, so I'd like to wish them a very happy 44th year together. May you have 44 more.

And today is my dad's Birthday. Happy Birthday, Dad. You said it yourself, you don't look a day over 81. I'm not sure if we are mentioning mom's birthday this year. I'll get back to you.

Scarlett is doing well. We fluctuate between thinking that maybe it's not so bad, and realizing it's worse than we could have imagined. But physically she's healing well, and is trying to get back to the business of being a toddler. I was going to get a calendar and mark off the days, but there's always the chance that at the 12 week mark we'll be told 6 weeks more, so I've decided not to tempt fate. We'll just take it one day at a time.

No comments: