Thursday, February 7, 2008

Paging Dr. Google.




You know, there's a lot of information on the internet. [Really Libby? A LOT?] Used to be to learn something, you had to go to the public library, pull the encyclopedia marked "H" and look up "Hip", at which point it would refer you to "D" for "Dysplasia". And after you had pulled every single reference book off the shelf, and been distracted by the sketches of various body parts, surely you could just leave them spread all over the desks for the beleagured librarians, right? [Those damned kids and their damned rock-n-roll.]

I'm not sure if it's better or worse that all I do now is type a few characters into that little blank bar and wait to be flooded with information.

Actually, I know the answer. It's worse. Way worse.

I've also figured out that a lot of the big bad voodoo daddy articles I'm finding don't even pertain to my kid, so I really have to stop looking.

However, I have stumbled across a few sites put together my moms and dads who have been down this road before. And they are lovely people with encouraging words and lots of helpful hints. And one of those hints was to invest in that all important 70's iconic couch substitute; the bean bag chair. Very good for support.

Well looky at what I found at Target. Although I did manage to get her sitting in it for a moment or two, her favorite thing to do is crawl over, and bang away. Beans make good noise.

No comments: