Friday, August 17, 2007

We are in a bit of a rut.

I have no new pictures. We've been doing a lot of the same things lately, and short of a snapshot of Scarlett's diaper rash, they'd be pretty repetitive.

Instead, I will update on other milestones less visible in pictures.

1] She still weighs less than the dog. I don't know why I'm obsessed with her gaining on Alice, but I am. Alice still has her by about half a pound. My picky little eater will probably be stuck backwards in her car seat long past that 1 year mark.

2] Still not crawling. We put her on her stomach and say "Now crawl!" I don't know what she's waiting for. She loves to lunge forward, but once she's down there, she flails like a baby seal. I have to be on the lookout for men with clubs.

3] 6 teeth. 6. The last 4 were pretty hairy. As far as I'm concerned, she can stick with 6 until she's old enough for Valium, because that got old fast.

4] She claps and waves. And the doctor said she's ahead verbally. Which is weird, because no one in this house is very verbal.

5] Two words: Atti Tude. When she's done with a bottle, she shoves it away. When she's done with a toy, she throws it as far as she can. This morning she hit me over the head with a remote control. Apparently, she'd rather watch Good Morning, America. The Today Show is for suckers.

So there you have it. She's 10 months old tomorrow, which means we are closing in on her first birthday, and the traditional baby covered in cake pictures. Which is way better than photos of diaper rash.

1 comment:

hoopermom said...

#1. That is not a rut, my friend. You are in the best days right now!
#2. Don't dis The Today Show!